Albizia (also spelled Albizzia) julibrissin - Silk Tree or Mimosa
- Very attractive, medium growing deciduous tree typically grows to a height of 20-30 feet and can have an equal or larger spread.
- Canopy forms a very nice umbrella shape.
- Fine leaves and pink puffball flowers make this a very attractive garden tree.
- Performs best if exposed to high heat in summer.
- Typically grows as a multi-stemmed tree but can be trained into a tree with a single trunk.
- Will tolerate a wide variety of watering and soil conditions but does best with regular water, especially in the summer.