Aptenia cordifolia (formerly Mesembryanthemum cordifolium) 'Red Apple' - Red Apple Iceplant
- Evergreen and fast-growing succulent
- Flowers open during the bright hours of the day; attract butterflies, bees and other insects.
- Drought-resistant plant, tolerates high rainfall and irregular watering.
- Use on slopes or steep embankments to hold the soil.
- Ideal plant for coastal gardens, tolerates sea spray and grows in sandy soil. It can be used in rockeries or outcrops, terraced slopes and along roadside embankments.
- Full sun or semi-shade; it can be planted underneath trees.
- Fire-resistant for defensible space