Aspidistra elatior (formerly Aspidistra lurida) - Cast Iron Plant
- Perennial evergreen forms clumps of leaves which grow upright to 1-2 feet long and about 3-4 inches wide.
- Flowers are inconspicuous and bloom at or near ground level.
- Excellent as a houseplant where lighting is a problem, and can grow in very deep shade outdoors.
- Great plant to grow in places where little or no sun shines, such as under stairs, or under a deck or patio cover.
- It will tolerate a variety of soil conditions, watering conditions, and lighting conditions, but keep out of direct sun.
- Very easy to grow with little maintenance. Does well in containers.